Right after getting the keys from the dealership, our cars look stunningly beautiful, both inside and out. However, over the months (or days, in some cases), dust and other fine contaminants find a to latch onto the dashboard and other plastic components, resulting in a dull, unsatisfying appearance.
The solution isn’t to buy a new car. Instead, with one of the best cleaner for car interior plastic, you can restore your car’s inner appeal with just a few spritz and wipe-downs. Keep reading to find out which car interior cleaner is best for your vehicle needs.
|303 Aerospace Protectant 30313CSR||Check Price|
|Meguiar’s G4216EU New Car Scent Interior Dash & Trim Protectant 473ml||Check Price|
|Hendlex Dashboard Cleaner Car Interior Cleaner Spray||Check Price|
|King of Sheen Interior Car Cleaning Kit||Check Price|
|Diamond Shine System Leather Cleaner and Conditioner||Check Price|
Top 5 Best Cleaner for Car Interior Plastic
Whereas other average brands use non-efficient silicone-based formulas, Hendlex Dashboard cleaner dominates the car interior cleaner market using the Nano formula. This technology’s Nanoparticles directly work on the molecular level to give a long-lasting effect plus stiffer resistance to the surroundings. This cleaner agent does not contain any odor. It is breathable and hydrophobic.
Hendlex is a car cleaner. Also, it is a car restoring sprays, perfectly applied both on the old or refreshed surface. If you apply this spray on the car surface, you will feel how it makes the protective coat retain the car color and surface the same as the new.
It’s a restorer of your plastic from all sorts of dirt. It works by applying an additional level on the car surface; therefore, an easy to clean performance comes as a quick output. This product ever pulls the dirt or dust. Furthermore, it prevents any premature tear or fading which causes due to UV rays or roadside surroundings. After one usage, the car surface becomes so refreshed that you will feel a new car has come for you.
And the last point is its durability and universality. You can use this product for any car, interior, or exterior. It is widely used for the plastic and vinyl parts of any vehicle. As this restorer directly penetrates inside the car surface to make a bond with the plastic, which means it works significantly to give you more.
What We Like:
- Non-Greasy Matte Finish
- Vinyl Nano Protector for Plastic
- Special Nanotechnology
- Take care both of the plastic ad vinyl part
What Could Be Better
- Got customers complain about the poor quality
The 303 Aerospace Protectant 30313CSR is a close runner-up to the CarGuys Super Cleaner. In fact, it cleans just as well as our best overall pick and much better than most of the diluted products people try to pass off as a car interior cleaner. The spray doesn’t just loosen dust, but it also adds a thin protective coating on the newly sprayed surface to prevent cracking, discoloring, and fading.
Like CarGuys, 303 works on a number of different surfaces, including rubber, vinyl, leather, fiberglass, and gel-coated surfaces. A single container of 30313CSR can replace many of your car’s interior and exterior cleaning supplies, allowing you to work quickly without fumbling around with fewer items.
You might be happy to learn that this car interior cleaner also offers UV protection. So, if you leave your car on the driveway, your dashboard and plastic trim will not become damaged by harsh sunbeams for several weeks at a time. Make sure you spray a thin coating of this protectant on every plastic and fiberglass component inside of your vehicle to protect them from discoloration.
However, some users have noticed that using the 303 protectant spray doesn’t hide blemishes or scuff marks at all. Also, the bottle is prone to leaking, so you might want to consider moving it to another container to salvage as much as possible.
What We Like:
- Offers UV protection
- Great for cleaning auto interior and exterior
- Repels dirt, dust, and other fine contaminants
- Odorless and toxin-free
- Available in several size options
- There’s also a towelette version
What Could Be Better:
- May leave dull look if used improperly
- Not waterproof (exterior use)
The general problem for all classic cars cleaner is a bad odor. Meguiar’s has a new odor-eliminating refreshing technology, by which it can prevent all smells coming out from your car’s surface at a molecular level. It also leaves very pleasing effects on the surface, so better feel behind the new car scent.
The Non-Greasy formula makes this car interior plastic cleaner very effective and robust. It can easily clean, shine, and protects the car interior smoothly. Using this agent, you can clean the Interior Trim, Dashboard, and Plastic.
The premium protection it allows ultimately protects the car interior surface from UV damages. It is a highly efficient cleaner and restorer. Not only clean the dirt and grease from the plastic, vinyl, and rubber portion, also works as a future protector by stopping all premature damages.
Presenting 473.0ml, this car cleaner is superior to clean, shine, and protect, finally leaving a refreshing scent.
What We Like:
- Perfect for plastic, rubber, and vinyl board
- It leaves a pleasant refreshing scent
- Non-Greasy formula
- Usable for the trims/dashboards/plastic
What Could Be Better:
- Poor performance compared with some other brands
If you are searching such a car cleaning agent which is environmentally friendly and does not contain any abrasive ingredients for your health, King of Sheen is here for you. This product also ensures that your car surface will never damage due to the harsh cleaning agent applied over it. This product only contains all-natural ingredients to ensure better efficacy and safety.
The Scratch-free Polish Technology incorporates into this agent. It works through an immediate sparkling over any transparent glasses. So you can get a faster cleaning, without affording too much.
King of Shine, like its name, consists of a quick and easy cleaning application on the vinyl surface, car dashboard, with other interior portions of a car. It leaves no residue, but it leaves a pleasing scent with a natural finish.
This car cleaner includes a professional reusable cloth, which is 100 times washable and usable. This professional cloth is glass-friendly, microfiber types.
What We Like:
- Faster action by sparkling onto glass
- Auto refreshing scent
- Glass Microfiber Cloth
- Quick and Easy Vinyl Shin
What Could Be Better:
- Larger bottle size compared with the applicator agent
Diamond Shine System Leather Cleaner and Conditioner come with Microfiber cloths and 2 Applicator Pads. It is a leather cleaner ad conditioner for the Car Interior and the Detailing.
If your car needs extra care to clean and protect its leather seat, Diamond Shine could help you a lot. It is gentle leather cleaner that removes any strains & spots from the leather surface without damaging the parts. Car leather portions like the car seat, steering wheel, dashboard, etc., can be cleaned by this excellent leather cleaning agent.
It features the most Advanced Leather Treatment technology. The microfiber cloths and the applicator pads attached with this product gently take care of the leather. Both the applicator pad and the fabrics are made from the finest waving so that it never gets any chance to damage the leather.
With this product, you can bring a showroom-like condition o your car’s leather ad interior. It is both a cleaner and conditioner; therefore, making the surface suitable as new. Additionally, it also applies a glossy sheen to the surface, stopping the chance of making any spot and stains. Ultimately it brings an advanced level of protection to prevent any future incidents inside your car’s leather surface.
What We Like:
- Blend of all active cleaning agents with balanced ph.
- Enhance the appearance of the leather
- Both a cleaner and a conditioner
- Quick and convenient appl
What Could Be Better:
- It can fade the leather color a little bit
Buying Guides of Best Cleaner for Car Interior
If you thought any plain bottle of car interior plastic cleaner would do, you’re sorely mistaken. Out of the hundreds upon hundreds of cleaners available, you might not know which bottle contains the right chemicals or which will actually strip your dashboard of its protective finish. Here, we’ll briefly go over what sort of things you need to keep an eye out for when shopping for a car interior cleaner.
Even though car interior plastic cleaners are for, well, plastic, it’d be nice if it could clean all sorts of materials. Thankfully, many of them do, so you don’t need to worry about swapping between different cleaning agents and accidentally using one on an unintended surface.
However, be mindful of what surfaces they can clean. For instance, if it’s not designed to clean glass, make sure you don’t spray it on your windshield or other windows. It can create a hard-to-remove fog or leave an unsightly discolored mark that will require more than just elbow grease to get rid of.
- Plastic or multipurpose
- Avoid using on surfaces not intended for the cleaner
- Many of these cleaners can replace other types, reducing clutter in your garage and car’s trunk
Not all car interior cleaners can block harmful UV rays from drying out and cracking your dashboard. If you frequently park your car out in the sun (while shopping or leaving it in your driveway), then make sure that the plastic cleaner is rated to block UV beams.
- UV protection not available in every model
- Bottle will clearly indicate whether it can protect against UV rays or not
- Not effective alone, may still require the use of UV film or a windshield screen
You’ll have to decide whether you want a plastic cleaner to leave a fragrant smell or not. The cleaner can be fragrant or not, depending on the model. In general, fragrances used in car cleaners are lemony, refreshing, and can somewhat emulate the smell of a brand-new car.
However, for those that don’t want a lingering scent in their car, make sure the bottle clearly says odorless or fragrance-free. The smells can stay for quite a long time and mask other scents you may prefer.
- Some come with fragrances, others don’t
- Lemony smell that’s nice on the nostrils
- Can be overpowering (based on customer feedback)
Finally, you’ll have to choose how large or small of a container you want to try out. If this is your first time using one of these brands, we recommend trying out a smaller container (16 to 32 fl. oz.), just to see whether you like the product or not.
Even though these are the best cleaners for car plastic interior, they perform quite differently from each other, so you shouldn’t purchase an entire gallon of a particular cleaning agent unless you’re absolutely satisfied with the product.
- Available from 16 fl. oz. to one-gallon jugs
- Start small, then go large
- Better value per fl. oz. if you purchase a larger container
How We Picked the Best Cleaner for Car Plastic Interior
The following points are the criteria we used to determine whether a cleaner for car interior plastic belongs on our list or not.
Ease of Application
All of the products mentioned on our list are easy to use. Simply spray, wait, and wipe away. They don’t require rinsing or double-coating your car’s interior (though you might want to do so for good measure).
None of the products listed above contains harmful chemicals. This means you won’t find a trace of ammonia or gasoline, both of which can ruin plastic and your lungs. However, if you aren’t a fan of fragrances, then you might consider them harmful in a sense.
By fast-working, we mean the cleaners are easy to use (already mentioned above) and don’t take much time to loosen dirt. Many other car interior cleaners need to stay on the surface for minutes at a time, which increases the risk of it drying and leaving splotches on your dashboard. You won’t have to worry about this with any of the chosen products above.
We tried to include products that contained the least nose-wrinkling odors (fragrances not included). However, even some of the best cleaners contain odors. That’s just the way the product is made. Make sure to crack a window after cleaning so the odors can escape easily.
All You Need to Know About Cleaner for Car Plastic Interior
Here’s what you need to know about car interior cleaners for plastic.
How to use a cleaner for car interior plastic
- Vacuum all of the visible specks of dust. This will stop them from going airborne and littering your dashboard and other plastic components.
- Use a brush attachment to get into cracks and crevices
- Go over all plastic components with a microfiber cloth. A duster will just push the dust away, causing it land back onto your car’s mats and seat.
- If using a damp cloth to remove dust, quickly go over the area with a dry cloth. Dust will have a harder time adhering to dry surfaces as opposed to wet ones.
- Spray the car plastic interior cleaner onto every plastic part. Let it sit for a couple of seconds before wiping away.
- If there are old stains or caked-on bits (chewing gum, chocolate, etc.), spray with a bit more of the cleaner, let it sit for between 30-60 seconds, then the area vigorously with a microfiber cloth or long-bristled brush.
How often you should use a cleaner on plastic components
The general rule is that the longer you let the stain sit, the harder it will be to remove. Regular cleanup is key for smoother cleaning.
- The more frequent the better
- Try and incorporate the cleaner into your regular car-cleaning routine
- Do not let stains set. Remove them immediately with the cleaner.
Advantages of cleaner for car interior plastic
- Fast-working (at least the products mentioned above)
- No harsh chemicals
- Leaves your car’s interior looking like new
- Can be used on multiple surfaces, replaces numerous other cleaning sprays/supplies
- No water necessary (for the models mentioned above)
Downsides of cleaner for car interior plastic
- Does not remove scratches
- If used on unintended surface, it can lead to discoloration or fogginess
- Wear a mask when using this spray
- Remove all floor mats and objects in your car that can cause dust to go airborne
- Park your car in a shaded area before applying car cleaner
- Use a microfiber cloth (soft, does not leave scratches)
- Have multiple microfiber cloths on hand (if they catch dirt, they will leave scratches)
- Remove all jewelry before cleaning since its hard material can cause scratches
Important Q/A About Car Interior Cleaner
With a car interior cleaner remove scratches?
No, it will not, nor is a car cleaner for plastic designed to. At most, it will hide the scratches and any blemishes for a period of a couple of weeks. However, you may need to get your car detailed or replace components completely if their scratches cannot be removed.
What else can I clean with a car interior cleaner for plastic?
It depends on what the bottle of car cleaner can do. They all work well on plastic, but some can even be used to clean leather, metal, electronics, and rubber. They can also remove dust, dirt, caked-on messes, tar, and grease.
Do I need special cleaning tools?
Not really. A microfiber cloth and probably a long-bristled brush are all you need to make the best use out of a bottle of car cleaner for plastic.
Can I use this to clean my headlamps?
It’s possible, but check the caution label on the product before doing so. Even though headlamps are made of plastic, some cleaners may leave a foggy residue or unsightly marks on your headlamps.
Today, we’ve shown you what the best cleaner for car interior plastic is. Our number-one pick is the CarGuys Super Cleaner for its excellent cleaning performance, versatility, and surprisingly friendly customer service reps. However, any of the models listed above will help you in achieving the perfect sheen on plastic parts inside of your vehicle.